Monday, August 12, 2013

Coconut Milk Alfredo Sauce

So I have a new toy...a spiral veggie slicer.  With it, I've been making zucchini noodles.  However, there is only so much spaghetti a family can eat.  So I needed new sauces.  Enter my sister, she has lactose intolerance in her family as well and was missing alfredo sauce.  So she played with coconut milk and found a winner of a recipe.  You can find her blog at:  Justb-adoptionblog.blogspot.com.



My Sister's Alfredo Sauce

2 cans coconut milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 lbs. ground italian sausage
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
fresh ground pepper

1.  Fry up italian sausage and drain grease.
2.  Add 2 cans of coconut milk to sausage along with remaining ingredients.
3.  Allow to simmer on low 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent burning but to allow the flavors to meld.
4.  Enjoy on your favorite paleo or non-paleo noodle!

As a side note...my boys enjoyed the sauce but had snacked so much today they weren't too hungry. We paired it with some paleo breadsticks, raw veggies and my homemade veggie dip.  It was such a treat.  You could leave the parmesan out and it would still taste delicious.  I liked it better added to give it the extra tanginess of alfredo.  Either way...it's a great meal with a ton of heart healthy fat for the entire family.


No comments:

Post a Comment