Chocolate Cherry Scones
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP. ground flaxseed meal
2 TBSP. honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 TBSP. water
1/2 cup chopped, pitted cherries
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (We use Enjoy Life Brand since they're free of soy and dairy)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, salt, baking soda, and flaxseed oil well.
3. Add vanilla, honey, coconut oil, egg, and water to dry mixture. Mix well.
4. Add chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Scoop onto parchment lined pan and pat down flat with your hand or a spoon.
6. Bake 15-17 minutes (until centers are done and golden).
7. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea!