Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chunky Monkey Muffins

So I have a cold and needed something easy to make for the Superheroes.  The bacon was in the oven as I searched my pantry. Much to my joy I had everything I needed to make the Paleo Parents Chunky Monkey Muffins (click on the muffin name for the link).  I did use sunflower seed butter, reduced baking soda to 1 1/2 teaspoon, and added some chopped white chocolate for the boys.  When you use the dates it does help to rehydrate them some if they're dry by letting them soak for 10 minutes in HOT water. This helps when you try to chop them up with the banana in the food processor. I was very generous in my cup of dates too. I hope you try this recipe. The kids love it and so do we. Definitely worth the time in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment