3/4 cup of coconut oil melted and cooled (if you skip this step you have a puddle of oil on the bottom of the bowl.)
2/3 cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 TBSP sesame seeds (I had the light colored ones on hand)
2 TBSP Flaxseed meal
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw pecans
2 TBSP raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand since they're dairy free)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla well.
3. Add almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt to sugar mixture and blend well.
4. Pulse pecans and sunflower seeds in food processor until they resemble coarse sand. Then dump into batter.
5. Pulse almond slices until they resemble oatmeal flakes. Add to the batter.
6. Add remaining ingredients (coconut, sesame seeds, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
7. Form 1 inch balls and flatten on a parchment paper lined pan.
8. Bake 9-10 minutes. 9 was perfect for me but every oven is different.
ENJOY! These are flattened out by hand but you can bake them as balls...they'll just stay in that shape.