Thursday, July 25, 2013

Paleo "Oatmeal" Cookies!

So I used to love making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for Superhero #1.  I loved the added texture and complexity of flavor of having more than one grain used.  Well...I stumbled upon a recipe from PaleoMom her mock Oatmeal cookies.  Here's the link to her recipe so you see the original and below is the way I altered it based on what was in my pantry and what I felt like doing.  Let me know what you think and give me some feedback folks!  Desserts are what we miss most right?  So lets put our heads together and figure out what you miss the most and we can search and try to create a recipe for those indulgences.  These are slightly chewy cookies and don't taste the same as every other almond flour cookie recipe out there.  I like the different textures and flavors in it.  Let me know what you think. 





3/4 cup of coconut oil melted and cooled (if you skip this step you have a puddle of oil on the bottom of the bowl.)
2/3 cup of coconut sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 TBSP sesame seeds (I had the light colored ones on hand)
2 TBSP Flaxseed meal
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw pecans
2 TBSP raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand since they're dairy free)

1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla well.
3.  Add almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt to sugar mixture and blend well.
4.  Pulse pecans and sunflower seeds in food processor until they resemble coarse sand.  Then dump into batter.
5.  Pulse almond slices until they resemble oatmeal flakes.  Add to the batter.
6.  Add remaining ingredients (coconut, sesame seeds, and chocolate chips.  Mix well.
7.  Form 1 inch balls and flatten on a parchment paper lined pan.  
8.  Bake 9-10 minutes.  9 was perfect for me but every oven is different.




ENJOY!  These are flattened out by hand but you can bake them as balls...they'll just stay in that shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment