Friday, July 19, 2013

Needing to Wait

I am not a patient person by nature.  Needing to wait for anything is difficult for me.  Waiting for my garden to grow...tough but exciting.  Waiting to find out if we were having a boy or a girl for both of my pregnancies...tough but exciting.  I am the person at Christmas and birthdays that wants to see the surprise and joy on the other person's face when they open their gifts.  I have a hard time waiting.



This morning, I poured my first batch of kombucha into small bottles and added a bit of flavor...strawberry lemonade to one and mango juice to the other.  Now I wait for 48 hours for it to ferment again.  I have to admit...I tasted it plain and was scared at first and then delightfully pleased.

So here's to waiting...the best things come to those who wait.

"They that wait upon The Lord , shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles.  They shall run and not grow weary.  They shall walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31




No comments:

Post a Comment