Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Feel Like Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tonight!

So...I didn't know what to make for dinner.  A common dilemmna.  However, I had a wide variety of foods in my fridge.  So I knew that I could come up with something.  We had chicken breasts in the freezer a large number of veggies in the garden and time to be had.  So I went bean, cucumber, herb, and tomato picking with my boys and here's what we came up with!

Cucumber Salad
2 cups cucumbers (cut into bite sized pieces)
4 TBSP dill dip (made with sour cream)  Here's a link...
1/2 tsp. sea salt

1.  Mix cucumbers, dip and salt.  Serve and enjoy!




Green Beans with Bacon and Green Onions
2 cups green beans (snapped to size)
4 strips of bacon fried and crumbled
1 green onion minced
1/4 tsp. sea salt

1. Saute green beans and onion in pan with a tiny bit of bacon grease.
2. When beans are tender add bacon.
3.  Serve and Enjoy!

Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 strips of bacon
1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese (We use Tillamook)
3 Tbsp minced parsley
3 Tbsp minced baby spinach
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 small green onions (minced)
1 small baby red onion (minced)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.  Line baking pan with foil. (We all hate the clean-up!)
3.  Lay out bacon strips in pairs on large pan.
4. Finely mince herbs and veggies.
5. Mix filling ingredients together (cheese, feta, parsley, spinach, garlic, and onions).
6.  Thaw and dry chicken.  Cut a 2-3 inch long slice one inch deep down the center.
7.  Stuff chicken breasts and wrap with bacon.
8.  Bake 40 minutes or until done.




So that was dinner!  Enjoy!  Let me know if you try any recipes and how you adapted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment