Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

So we're baking ahead for a trip next week.  Cookies are an easy sweet treat in the car.  This will be my first trip since my heart attack without my Handsome hubby along and my first long road trip with the boys.  I'm nervous and scared.  But I'm praying like crazy and trusting God to watch over me.

Here's the cookie recipe I found on a new site I'm following called "Bakers Gal".  She takes several paleo recipes, tests the recipes in her kitchen, and posts a new and improved one based on those she tried.  I did not use the agave nectar since it has the same affect on your kidneys as high fructose corn syrup.  I used Grade B maple syrup instead.  Then instead of macademia nut oil I used coconut oil because it's more beneficial for you at high heat temperatures.  Nut oil benefits change when cooked at high temps.
Raw before I put them in the oven.  I flattened them out since they don't do that on their own in the oven. 
Final product!

They really turned out like normal cookies.  So if you have a craving for cookies I would try these.  But don't eat the whole pan!  I used the smallest melon ball scoop that we had and we each had 2 and then put them away.  Sugar is still sugar and impacts us.  

I haven't been as diligent as I should and have gained back some weight.  Sick kids and getting a little lax on exercising and diet will do that.  If I didn't have heart issues I wouldn't be as diligent on this but I need to take it seriously so cut back on sweets will have to happen. I can't slack because I can feel it physically.

Enjoy the treat and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment