Thursday, August 30, 2012

What we ate tonight...

Tonight we had one of my favorites...dill hummus with raw veggies.  We also had turkey chili. The boys are still acclimating.  Superhero #2 loves the hummus.  Superhero #1 is still being convinced.  I got the recipe from the book "The Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook".  It is our go to cookbook for our lifestyle change.  I have tweaked it like I do every recipe... here is the recipe with my tweaks...

Hummus

1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
1/2 cup tahini
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 medium cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
a dash of ground red pepper

My bonus ingredients...Use only one of the below options...

1/2 cup roasted red pepper
or
1/2 cup fresh basil
or
1/2 cup fresh dill

Drain and rinse chickpeas but save some liquid for later.  Combine everything in the food processor fitted with the metal blade.  Process until smooth.  If too thick, slowly add extra chickpea liquid until desired consistency.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment