Monday, December 2, 2013

Cookies, Cookies, and More Cookies


So we are in Arizona for Thanksgiving at my Handsome Hubby's mom's house. She is on the same page as us in terms of eating so we didn't need to make a crazy grocery trip or anything. I did have a good friend ask me how we adapt when traveling and I realized one thing I am doing is keeping a stock of high protein cookies available for the kiddos along with fruit and veggies. 

However, when I am at someone else's house I don't want to have to go out and buy a ton of ingredients. So thanks to my lovely friend and neighbor I adapted this recipe to fit our needs. I do want to reiterate that I am not as "paleo" with our boys as I am with myself or my husband. We allow peanuts and some processed sugar in the form of white chocolate chips, etcetera from time to time. So keep in mind your needs. If the slightest amount of starches causes you to "fall off the wagon" then don't do it. Also...treats like cookies should be just that...TREATS. You need to limit yourself.  If it becomes too hard to stay away then don't make these.

So with that being said...here are my nut butter cookies. 


These would be great to prep and freeze for Christmas treats. They also traveled well on the airplane. They would be great for camping trips as well.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 egg
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Blend well...I use a food processor. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. Enjoy!



Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

1 cup Justin's brand chocolate hazelnut butter
1/2 cup pecans
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips

Blend well...Again I use the food processor but you might want to chop the pecans ahead of time. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment