Friday, February 28, 2014

Strep Throat Smoothies

We love smoothies here!  We also love the way we sneak essential vegetables and even vitamins into the smoothies our kids drink.  The key...have some strong tasting fruit or lemon juice in there with a little raw honey and you're good to go.

Our boys are prone to strep throat.  They had it 5 or 6 times last year.  This school year they had it in September and then I heard about a naturopath that had some vitamin/mineral supplements that could help.  I was skeptical.  I do the natural and medical path for our family.  I read up, research, try, and sometimes we're successful...sometimes we're not.

Image from mywisemom.com




So we started taking Standard Process supplements and when my boys are taking "Congaplex" they don't get strep.  When they stop for awhile or refuse to drink the smoothies I make with it in them...  Sure enough they get strep throat.  The only problem is it's a strong tasting supplement.  So here's a sample smoothie that I make which hides the flavor.  I also sneak other Standard Process supplements in for nose bleeds (Cyruta Plus), severe runny noses (Antronex) as needed.  I test on myself first and the stuff works!  I do all of this under the guidance of the naturopath who recommends the correct dosage for their weight and age.

Strep Throat Smoothie

3 capsules of congaplex
3-4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup apple juice
4 frozen strawberries
4 chunks frozen mango
4 chunks frozen pineapple
2 Tbsp raw honey
water to the 2 cup line of blender

Blend to a smooth consistency and drink away!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment